FatylProductions Podcast

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Iron Man 2.0 Update 5

Well gang - this build is about to see the finale. All that is left to do is the helmet, the boots and the shins. Initially I was going to use these shins below;




But after I got them built and realizing how big of a waste of time they were, considering the shape and out right ugliness of the product, I went and designed my own for this little project;




The orange parts show where the cuts will be made when printed, while the black lines (last picture) show how it will be folded to achive the end result.

The decision to do my own Shins for this project came from a need for a universal shin that could easily be modified to fit the needs of the wearer. I am hoping to do some accessory parts to go along with this design. I Also wanted to keep the shape as organic as possible while still offering a great deal of mobility, and other previously designed parts don't quite offer the same range of motion that this design does.

This is also very close to the style shin I wanted for this suit as it just fits well aesthetically.

Now the actual update. The second thigh is done after doing 2 different versions of the butt ugly shins and scrapping them both (AKA Letting the cat play with them - sorry there are no pics of those shins by the way). All that is left to do for this second thigh is to add the bracing so it wont collapse when I go to resin with them (see previous posts) and then it is off to start the new shins and then my favorites - THE BOOTS! I'm actually really excited as the boots im going to be working on will allow for very good mobility, as they are two parts, and with a good coat of latex to the bottom, traction should be no issue.



So now I am off to the depths of the creature shop to get the bracing done for the new thigh and a few hours work on the shins before I hit the sack for the night (which will probably be close to 4 A.M. if not 5). Keep it here for more updates - should have one in a day or two.

Don't forget folks, you can always help me out with materials if you wanna donate. E-Mail me or leave a comment if you want to send some materials my way like card stock or sand paper or paint. To donate some cash, there is a Donate button in the top Side Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment